⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

Saturday, November 17, 2012

11/16/2012 – Friday – Panama City play day

We woke up to a cloudy and misty morning!  St. Andrews marina does not have much dog “potty area” but we did find a patch of dead grass and pine needles that Teak decided was better than going on the boat.  During our morning walk we saw a fishing boat named Orion unloading their catch.  They said that the fish were yellow fin tuna, a high priced fish and they were get weighed and tested for fat content.  They test for fat by cutting a small piece out of the tail area and look at the fat texture, then they insert a long prong into the fish and check the inside for fat content.  This determines the category classification of 1, 2 or 3 before they are loaded into boxes and onto the truck. 
My hair is driving me crazy, it keeps blocking my vision and I can’t see as it is, must get it cut!  I headed into town to find a place while Josh started working on the autopilot (it stopped working again on our way here).  I found two hair salons and both said to call for an appointment.  One was right by the marina so I stopped in and they had an appointment open at 5:15 PM.   Back at the boat, Barry said that his TV antenna had stopped working so he wanted to ride to Kmart (about a mile or so away) so Josh stopped working on the autopilot and we got our bikes out and off we went.  Across the street from Kmart was a West Marine (and you know boaters and West), so across the street we went!  Josh and I had soup for lunch because it was still cold and dreary outside.  The sun just did not want to come out!  After lunch Josh went back to working on the autopilot and I started reading my book.  Josh needed some clamps and Barry was not happy with the antenna, so back to the stores we went.  Great exercise!  As we were almost back to the marina the sun started to peek out.  Just in time for it to start going down!  Tomorrow they are calling for sun all day so we’ve got our fingers crossed.  At 5:10 PM I headed over for my hair cut appointment and I was very impressed!  If anyone is traveling through Panama City and needs a hair salon, contact Robbin Grubbs at Completely Pampered (850-872-0930, make sure you leave a message so she can call you back as soon as she can).  She is located right at St Andrews Marina and I must say that she is better than most high priced hair salons in Houston.  Back at the boat I showed off my sassy new hair cut to Josh (Whoo hoo, he gets to sleep with a new wife tonight!).    
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment