⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Peterborough to Lakefield - Wednesday May 30, 2018

Today was our day to do the lift lock!  We left the marina around 9:45 am to be the first to go through our first of seven locks at 10:00 am.  Six locks are my limit, seven pushed it!  All I can say is with this heavy boat it has been an workout.  Trying to hold on to the lines as the waters come into the locks has been a challenge!  Today one of the lock masters told me that I could take the line back to the boat and use the cleat but not to tie it off or leave my station.  It was a lot easier on my back and arms.  No more holding the line with only my hands! 





Here we go with the lift lock!



Hi Rob and Eddie!  The best lock masters!!!!!




Up we go!








Lock Master Eddie chasing us to the next swing bridge!

Yup!  He is beating us!!!  LOL




Very skinny channels.  You can see the rocks on each side of your boat.









This is for our golfer friends!


 Trent University

Trent University is on both sides of the waterway.  As we were going through this area I was on the bow and saw something just under the water.  I thought is was just some paper/trash but as we got closer it was a broken off red buoy.   Yup we ran over it but nothing went thump so all is good!

 



Two boats coming out of the lock.  This time of the year it's not very busy and I am so glad we picked this time.  July and August are quite busy and it could take a lot more time to get through each lock.





We were ready to get to the marina.  It was hot, 88 degrees, we were tired from holding onto lines and we did not sleep good last night with not having our AC.

Once we got in, hooked up power, turned on the AC (and it worked, life is good!).  We took Teak to the vet, (very nice lady) and we got great news.  She is good for six to eight weeks before getting checked again.  Lakefield Marina is a great marina, life is good!



I would highly recommend the Village Animal Hospital and Lakefield Marina to other boaters.


No comments:

Post a Comment