⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

Sunday, November 23, 2014

11/20/2014 - 11/22/2014 - The Wharf Marina

11/20/2014 - Thursday
We tried to see if we could get a cheap rent car for the weekend to add on to our next week's rental but they were all out so we are stuck here until Monday.  As I said before, a few days at The Wharf is enough, not much to do, everything is too far away for walking or biking!

We asked Al and Kay if they would like to ride back to Texas with us on Tuesday.  They were planning to head back in December anyway so this would only be a few extra weeks ahead of their original plan.  They have now changed their plans and moved their boat to a better/safer slip also because the next time they come back to their boat will be around the first of next year.  

Late in the afternoon, Jerry and Susan returned from Texas with their car just in time for happy hour.

11/21/2014 - Friday
Beth and Randy left us to head back to Palafox so we all helped them cast off their lines and said our farewells.  We hope our paths with cross again in the future!  I found out that Kay's best friend's husband passed away last evening and she will be flying out tomorrow.  Al and Lexi will still be driving back to Texas with us on Tuesday.  It's amazing how things change, it makes you realize that if you want to do something you better do it and be prepared to "go with the flow"!

I did some laundry and then Josh and I walked the shops again.  We both looked at each other and said "Now What".  We do not pick up the car until Monday so we have several days here with nothing to do!  Josh started piddling around with A/C filters and I read my book.  We saw Al and Kay on their bikes and they were doing the same as us - bored and trying to find something to do. 

It was interesting talking to some of the Loop'ers who stop at this marina before heading out to places in Florida.  They all have stories about their adventures and some not so good ones!   I enjoyed looking at some of their blogs.  It reminds me of some of the larger TMCA trips but these are longer.  In one picture I counted 15 boats in a lock at one time.  All these boats travel together, competing for stopping places!  It does reinforce to Josh and I that we still have no interest in doing the Loop.

Phil and Matilde, TMCA friends and one of the couples who traveled with us back in 2012 stopped by to spend the night with Susan and Jerry before heading back to their boat in Florida.  We all got together for happy hour and had a great time catching up on their travels.





11/22/2014 - Saturday
Josh and I looked at each other and said "what are we going to do today"?  Let's see if we can get a ride to the outlet mall!  That would give us something to do.  I went to take my shower in the back shower and afterward I went to the forward head to remove my magnifying mirror off the wall mirror that is directly over the head (potty) and I heard a "plop".  Oh No!  One of the batteries on the back of the magnifying mirror dropped into it.  Josh said "what was that?"  I cringed and told him.  I will not go into detail of our conversation but (lesson learned) always keep the lid down!  I think I just gave us something to do today because Josh was thinking that he was going to have to take the head apart.  I felt really bad so I was thinking of some other way to get it out.  I asked Josh if he had a baster to remove the water and he did.  Once the water was removed VOILA! the little bugger came back in sight.  Josh used his "nose picker" (that's a tool) and plucked the battery out.  Thank goodness because I would have never heard the end of it. Batteries are now removed from mirror!

We talked to a gentleman today who did the loop and all the locks alone.  He was telling us that he used Gold's Gym Exercise Balls covered with mesh laundry bags, tied with a line attached for fenders.  You inflate the ball partly, insert them into the bag, inflate the ball the rest of the way, tie a knot and attach your line.  They are MUCH cheaper than real fender balls and he said they worked great.  Not one popped!  Several years ago someone told him about this at one of the looper rendezvous' so he decided to give it a try.  They fold up a lot better than the traditional boat ball fenders. That's a real space saving plus on a boat.

Phil and Matilde headed out around noon.  It was really great to see them!  We were planning to go to the outlet mall with Susan but she wanted to straighten up their boat and get ready for round two of their company so she told us to take the car.  Al was watching a football game so Josh and I headed out to the mall and walked around until the rain started to come in.  Thank you Susan! We really appreciated the use of the car!  After we got back Al, Josh and I went to Ginny Lane for an early dinner and then we went back to the boats for the evening.  Damp and rainy, not good!


1 comment: