The weather was not cooperating with us to do the Mississippi Sound to Biloxi so we had to sit and wait! If the forecast for the MS Sound is calling for 3 to 5 foot seas and 15 to 20 knots of wind, we stay put!!!!!
Ponchartrain Landing is primarily an RV park and secondly a marina. It was interesting to check out all the different RV'ers as they arrived. We noticed that some have signs just like the one my sister made for our sailboat that has our name engraved on a piece of wood. We decided to hang ours!
S/V AGoode Ketch
M/V Last Trade
Ernie and Camille had enough of New Orleans so they decided to head out on the 25th. They have a sailboat and can handle the weather (wind and waves) much better than us! This will be our last evening together so we decided to get together for a "Farewell Docktails" gathering for them.
The next morning at 6:00 AM we all said our goodbyes and helped them untie their lines. This will be the last time we see them for a long while. They are officially cruisers!!!! After they left, Jerry and Susan decided to move into their slip and as they were pulling in the Coast Guard decided to board them.
Josh and I were getting a little "antsy" and decided to rent a car. We did not know if we would drive home for a few days or drive over to Biloxi and other places around here. We needed something to do besides working on the boat, going into the French Quarter or just sitting around. Well, our decision was quickly made for us! Right after we decided to rent the car, our son Daniel called, telling us that he was starting a new job and needed some documents from home. That made our destination decision easy. The next day we drove home to Seabrook. And, Oh yes, we found out that Teak still gets car sick! We were ready for it with the whole back seat of the car covered with "potty pads"!!!! We had a nice visit with Daniel and then Michael, Traci and Sammy and took care of our mail, then back to the boat we went. We were planning to leave on Tuesday but the weather changed again to 10 to 15 knots of wind on the MS Sound so we stayed another day in N.O. Our original departure date was September 25th but the weather forecast for the Sound kept changing so now it looks like tomorrow will be the day. They are saying that the winds will be 5 to 10 with waves of one foot or less and that we can do! Departure time will be at 6:00 AM!